Group Music Lessons
Music Collection offers various group lessons throughout the year. This includes several different ensembles designed to inspire and develop students skills further by providing them with the opportunity to rehearsal and perform in various groups. All of our groups are informal and fun, yet students learn new songs, improvisation and various other techniques. Each group may also perform throughout the year including our own Recitals. Rehearsals for each group are once a week.
10 & up: 2 groups available
The award winning Music Collection Drumline under the direction of Bryan Efford is known throughout the area for its performances in various Parades, Sport and other Events. Start with the Junior Group where previous beginner drum lessons are recommended, but no experience in playing in a Drumline is required. For more advanced players with previous Drumline experience there's the Senior Group. For Senior group an audition or previous enrollment in the Junior Group is required.
$50 per month weekly school year sessions.
Seniors, Saturdays 3:00
Gower Street United Church
10 & upGuitar, Drum, Bass, Keyboard and Vocal students welcome
Learn the elements of live rock performance. This group will learn and practice together as a band to build a set for live performance. Players must be at an intermediate to advanced level on their instrument as an active understanding of music theory and techniques will be necessary to learn the songs. While this group would focus initially on well known rock covers, there may be the opportunity to work on original compositions. $60 per month, 50 minute weekly sessions
Wednesdays 8:00 - Torbay RoadSaturdays 5:00 - Torbay Road
7-10 Years OldFor Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano and Ukulele players
- No group experience necessary
- For young students who are currently learning an instrument to explore it in a band setting
- One on one & group instruction focusing on reading music, rhythms, techniques specific to their instrument.
- Games & activities to build musical skills while encouraging group interaction
If you're looking for a fun and low pressure introduction to the rock and roll life, join us today as we go from the studio to the stage with Rock STARts!
$60 per month, 50 minute weekly sessionsSaturdays 4:00 - Torbay Road
8-14 Years OldWeekly classes that integrate Music, Drama, and Dance
- Group and solo repertoire
- Learn songs, establish solos & harmonies
- Repertoire from both modern pop musicals and throwback classics
- Exercises and activities that develop acting skills and technique
- Group skits and monologues
- Students will gain confidence in public speaking & emotional expression
- Develop choreography and establish blocking to go with each song
$50 per month, 50 minute weekly sessionsFridays 4:00 - Torbay Road
Pop Production Workshop
12 Week Workshop with Instructor Jacob Critch
- How to use a DAW (industry standard music recording software)
- How and why to use virtual instruments
- Where to find good samples and how to use them
- Record and edit vocals like the pros
- Learn to record live instruments
- Mix and master songs (using plugins)
- Create pop music
- We will make songs together from start to finish!
Torbay Road Studios
10-15 Years Old
- Learn how to master harmonies and ensemble singing
- Sing in SSA and SSAA arrangements, both accompanied and acapella
- Have opportunities for solos and fun performances
- Build confidence, have fun, and improve their musical skills in a supportive and fun environment
$50 per month, 50 minute weekly sessionsThursdays 8:00 - Torbay Road
Piano/Keyboard, Guitar, Violin, Voice, Mandolin, Banjo, Bodhran
Learn traditional Irish and Newfoundland music in a fun and relaxed group setting on a weekly basis. Future public performances are possible. Basic knowledge of your instrument is required. $60 per month for weekly 50 minute sessionsGroup 1: 10-17 Years, Saturday 2:00 Group 2: 18+ Years, Saturday 3:00
13 - 18 years
- Learn how to write songs individually, as well as collaboratively within a group
- Recognize and write different sections of a song
- Riffs using scales, and chord progressions using keys
- Write lyrics that are creative and meaningful
Saturdays at Noon: Torbay Road
Private Music Lessons
Ensembles & Groups
Enabling students a chance to apply their skills in a group, rehearsing and performing together. Inspiring, yet fun and informal. Drumline, Vocal Performance, Rock Band or Ukelele.